Friday

Little Black Sambo - Page 7


Dropcap

o I could," said the Tiger, "that's a very good idea. Give them to me, and I won't eat you this time."

So the Tiger got poor Little Black Sambo's beautiful little Purple Shoes with Crimson Soles and Crimson Linings, and went away saying, "Now I'm the grandest Tiger in the Jungle."

Little Black Sambo met another Tiger.

And by and by Little Black Sambo met another Tiger, and it said to him, "Little Black Sambo, I'm going to eat you up!"

I'll give you my beautiful Green Umbrella.

And Little Black Sambo said, "Oh! Please, Mr. Tiger, don't eat me up and I'll give you my beautiful Green Umbrella." But the Tiger said, "How can I carry an umbrella when I need all my paws for walking with?"

Umbrella

 

"You could tie a knot  on your tail

 

 

"You could
tie a knot
on your
tail,
and carry
it that way,"
said
Little
Black
Sambo.

 

 

 

 

 

"So I could," said the Tiger. "Give it to me and I won't eat you this time."

So he got poor Little Black Sambo's beautiful Green Umbrella.

So he got poor Little Black Sambo's beautiful Green Umbrella, and went away saying, "Now I'm the grandest Tiger in the Jungle."

And poor Little Black Sambo went away crying, because the cruel Tigers had taken all his fine clothes.

Black Sambo went away crying.

Presently he heard a horrible noise that sounded like "Gr-r-r-r-rrrrrrr," and it got louder and louder.

"Oh dear!" said Little Black Sambo, "There are all the Tigers coming back to eat me up!

What
shall
I
do?"

So he ran quickly to a palm-tree,

So he ran quickly to a palm-tree.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home